Monday 10 November 2008

Post-Exhibtion Update

Well the exhibition is long over and the layout is currently still disassembled in the spare room. I learnt a couple of lessons from it, the most obvious being the need for a bigger or more organised fiddle yard. While having the capacity it's a bit cumbersome to manually transfer engines and stock. I've decided that before the next exhibition (whenever that is) I'll rebuild the fiddleyard with either a sectorplate-type fiddleyard as in C J Freezer's original design or cassettes or a combination of the two, with a sector-plate for the two main lines and a cassette for the loco siding.

I'll be making a full post about the improvements that are going to be happening to Wickersley over the coming months later this week. However any development, purchases, etc. are on hold until after Christmas, giving my wallet and I a chance to catch up on other things. In the meantime here are some pictures of the layout just prior to completion and it's first appearance:















No comments: